NOAA / SCRIPPS recently released the latest chart of Real Life Atmospheric CO2 at Mauna Loa Observatory this September 2016:
Looking at the above Chart from 1980 to 2014 (Only because the info I have on temperature covers that range for comparison purposes), the slope is pretty constant from start to finish.
In the real world, how does that CO2 data compare with temperatures (and just for fun, the Climate models across the same period)? The Temperature chart below can be seen in context at Science Matters.
I added a few measurements off the Y Axis for the purposes of this discussion.
Just the Facts
Starting from 1980 where the IPCC CMIP-5 Climate Models intersect with actual history, then onward to 2014, the real world observations clearly show that the actual Mid-Tropospheric Temperature (as averaged by both Balloon and Satellite sets) gave a rise of 0.072C overall.
For the same period, the Average of 102 IPCC CMIP-5 Climate Models predicted a rise of 0.47 C, or a rate 6.5 TIMES greater. All that projected model rise (above the last actual @ 0.072C) was supposed to happen from 1995 to 2014. In real life, the Mid-Tropospheric temperature has been tracking sideways since 2004 even though the actual CO2 rise remains at a constant and predictable slope upward.
It’s not rocket science to see that CO2 is not coupled to Temperature as cause and effect. The Government models appear heavily biased to favor that same NOAA CO2 DNA curve, with a similar DNA Climate predicted plot from 1994 onward.
Some additional reading Here
The Questions and Comments
- So what’s wrong with this picture? Where is the ‘thoughtful’ Media reporting in all of this besides in bed, arm waving with the Political Consensus Flavor agreement of the day? Who’s looking at the real facts? Not many, apparently. All sold out.
- Why are our Politicians rushing to judgement to put Climate Warming at the feet of their taxable CO2 breathing Citizens under the guise of guilt?
- Who is doing objective “Science” on this file for Global Government Policy? Has anyone thought to follow the money?Looking at the real world, where’s the physical CO2 Problem? (not to be conveniently confused with normal warming climate cycle changes).
- Based on the 400ppm CO2 as the threshold, the Arctic was supposed to be open water by now, with less than 1 Wadham* of ice cover. It’s actually over 4.1 Wadhams* as of the end of this Sept, and growing fast.
- The beach front where I swim in Hawaii (See the pic below) should have been underwater over 5 years ago according to Al Gore and little David. It’s not, and is pretty much the same every year as it was 50 years ago. Who pops up, apologizes and says “We were Wrong, sorry about that”? Not a chance.
- There’s a snow blizzard warning for the Prairies this week , and Perth Australia is freezing at a new 120 Year low when it shouldn’t be. How does that square with the 400ppm trend and CO2 increases year over year for decades?
- Who will fix the Government Climate Models to reflect reality? (Rhetorical question, really. Just sad.)
* 1 Wadham = 1 Million Sq. Km of Ice.
Fortunately for this little discussion, CO2 has actually cooperated to show the true characteristics of its hand vis-a-vis the 330 to 400ppm steady rising slope over the last 45 years or so to now.
So there is a real life ‘fact’ case to be made that CO2 is not the driver of temperature change at all. Only the Government sponsored Climate Models have mirrored the alarming rise of the CO2 plot as the Panic Driver since 1980.
Based on this quick look at the readily available Government sourced data sets, it sure looks like CO2 is just along for the ride. Yet it appears few in Politics or the Climate Movement are interested in looking anywhere else while the newfound tax opportunity is in play. Easy Money. The Political crowd loves that. Logical Math, not so much.
Not so much loved by the voters tho. Nevermind, with the Internet and Social Media offering a permanent record of decisions with place, time date and names, the ‘future’ Voters will have long digital memories available to unravel the show when they are broke, in the dark, and wondering how it happened.
As we look out on the earth this fall, far from the Climate predictions of an “Ice Free” Arctic, we can see ‘factually’ that both Poles of Mother Earth are freezing back in a hurry. So let’s face facts: It’s really about regular Climate Change as usual…. Billions of years’ worth of complex feedbacks to get here, yet here we are, still sucking up breathable Oxygen thanks to our nearest and dearest friends: CO2, plants and the Oxygen Cycle.